Wednesday, December 29, 2004

an update on my sister

Well, I won't be going to Nashville this weekend to sing in my sister's wedding. The dorkus stood her up. Two days before Christmas, she called and told us. Understandably, she's quite depressed, but I see a silver lining and encouragement in how she is taking it. She's declined my offer to take him behind the woodshed. Regardless, though, I feel torn in two. There is a big part of me that is extremely glad about this turnout of events, yet there is another part that wants to protect my sis and beat Josh to a bloody pulp. It must be the Scottish blood in me--solve everything with a good, swift kick in the pants.

I say all this to thank all of you who prayed for my family. One of the beautiful things about the body is the ability to encourage each other and pray for each other. None of us are created to be alone in this life. None are meant to be an island unto themselves. We're in this together and must help each other along if we are to succeed in this sojourn we call life.

Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing. But we request of you, brethren, that you appreciate those who diligently labor among you, and have charge over you in the Lord and give you instruction, and that you esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Live in peace with one another. We urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with everyone. See that no one repays evil for evil, but always seeks after that which is good for one another and for all people. Rejoice always; pray with out ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. --Paul's first letter to the Thessalonian church, 5:11-18

until Christ is formed in us...

--mike

No comments: