Monday, May 30, 2005

books that impact and change life...

Have you ever read books that radically changed your life? Last year, I read Kimball's Emergent Church which radically redefined what I thought of church, how I think church should be done and even the nature of the Christian life. Now, I'm reading Donald Miller's Blue Like Jazz. It is promising to really....revolutionize? my Christian life, I think. It's witty, well written and holds back few punches. Miller is honest with the reader, even when it might shed a poor light on him.

I'll post more on it in the near future. In the meantime, feel free to check out his website at: bluelikejazz.com.

until Christ is formed in us...

--mike

Our "behavior" will not be changed long with self-discipline, but fall in love and a human will accomplish what he never thought possible. The laziest of men will swim the English channel to win his woman...[B]y accepting God's love for us, we fall in love with Him, and only then do we have the fuel we need to obey.
In exchange for our humility and willingness to accept the charity of God, we are given a kingdom. And a beggar's kingdom is better than a proud man's delusion. --Blue Like Jazz

No comments: