Tuesday, August 23, 2005

once again...it's been a while...

Wow...it has definitely been a while since I last posted on my blog. Ugh...I sincerely apologize. God has been doing an extraordinary amount in my life that I hope to write about in the near future. School has started, providing me with yet another community of young men to lead and live with. So far it's been a blessing to me in so many ways.

I just finished an article in Christianity Today on "The New Monasticism". It is a look at several intentional communities formed by many middle/upper class, young, white folk in urban America and the impact Christ is doing in their lives and in the communities God has placed them. The article is extremely thought provoking and challenging, I think. I would love to be a part of one of them...except that most are Vegan/Vegetarians...I like my meat--I think it's because I'm Southern. I'm planning on posting a link to the article as soon as I can find it on-line. If you cannot wait, though, it's in the September Issue of Christianity Today.

I'll post again soon...I promise.

until Christ is formed in us...

--mike

No comments: